Dannah Farm Country House Ltd. Accessibility Statement.
Dannah Farm Country House is set in secluded countryside, and offers a choice of rooms. We are committed to meeting the needs of all our guests, but due to the age and layout of the property, we lack facilities for guests with severe mobility limitations. However, we try and make our house as accessible as we can, and welcome enquiries from guests with disabilities, when all reasonable attempts will be made to meet their needs. If in any doubt, please ring, fax or e-mail your query – we are here to help!
- We are located in a very peaceful, beautiful and rural environment. We are situated on a public, unclassified road, and not ideally suited to those traveling without a car. We do, however, have copies of all public transport timetables available.
- The nearest bus stop is approximately two miles away, and services are infrequent. The nearest railway station is Belper, the station is unmanned. The nearest mainline station is Derby, with a taxi rank adjacent.
- There are several local taxi companies, and bookings may be made in advance.
- Examination of our website www.dannah.co.uk will provide pictures of our accommodation, and further information on the services we provide.
- The closest shops, chemist, garage, supermarket, etc., are approximately 3 miles away in Belper.
- You can contact us by telephone, e-mail or fax. Please see the ‘Contact Information’ section of this document for full details.
Arrival and car parking
- Parking is in a fairly level yard, (tarmac and gravel), adjacent to the accommodation.
- To ensure the accommodation is ready for you to occupy, guests are welcomed after 3.30pm on the day of arrival. It may be possible to arrange an earlier check in by prior arrangement.
- Assistance with luggage is offered.
- If guests are planning to arrive after 9pm, we ask that they inform us of their expected arrival time so that we are sure to be on hand to welcome them.
- There is a gentle slope from the car park to the main house, and two steps of 14cm up to the entrance door.
- There are two sitting rooms for the use of all guests, these are carpeted and without steps. There is an open fire in one sitting room during cold weather, and here a selection of magazines, local maps, and tourist information will be found.
- Guests are welcome to use the sitting rooms at all times; we are licensed for the sale of alcohol, and have an honesty bar.
- We aim to greet our guests as they enter the car park, but if we do miss your arrival, please ring the bell by the door.
- All guests need to venture outside to access the dining room. This is situated at the bottom of the line of buildings, and has one step of 26 cm. Tables vary in height, and there is plenty of space. We have toilet facilities adjacent to the dining room, but space to access these is limited.
- A variety of dietary requirements can be catered for with advance notification, but guests with severe nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen from time to time.
Access to Bedrooms
- All bedrooms, except The Garden Room, The Chatsworth Suite and The Granary, are at first floor level and accessed by a flight of 14 stairs.
- The Garden Room may be accessed via a small hallway, through the front door, which has a shallow step of 15cm. Once inside the room the floor surface is level, and this room has a six foot four poster bed. Access to the bathroom is via the dressing room, which has one small step up of 15cm, and one down into the bathroom of 20cm. The bathroom has a large, double spa bath, with an integral wide shallow shelf, and power shower over. The height of the bath is 60cm. It also has a sink, toilet and bidet. There are no wall mounted hand/grab rails.
- The entrance to The Chatsworth Suite is up one small step of 20cm, into a private sitting room, and includes a small, single, ground floor bedroom, with double bed accessed from one side, and adjacent bathroom. The bathroom has standard fittings, bath with power shower over, sink, toilet and bidet. (Bath height 54cm) The floor is tiled and level throughout. Upstairs are a further two bedrooms and a bathroom. There are no wall mounted hand/grab rails.
- The Granary is a suite, but the living space downstairs can accommodate a double or single bed. The entrance to the suite is direct from outside up a small step of 12cm, and a car may be parked directly outside. The floor inside is level and tiled. There is a downstairs bathroom with separate power shower, (tray height 23cm), corner bath, (height 55cm), toilet and bidet. There are no wall mounted hand/grab rails.
- All bedrooms have extensive hospitality trays with a selection of Coffee/chocolate/tea, etc. Fresh milk is provided on request.
- All bedrooms have remote control TV, (with DVD/Video), and we have an on going program of up dating to flat screen free view receiving TV’s. There is a small DVD/Video library in one of the sitting rooms for guests use.
- Access to bedrooms is unrestricted during the guests stay, although rooms are normally cleaned between 10am and 3.30pm.
- Extensive guest information is provided in each room.
- All rooms have telephones.
- All rooms are en-suite, and bathrooms throughout are tiled with ceramic tiles.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a large garden with lawns and traditional cottage flower beds. The lawns are fairly level, although there is one step up of 18cm to the arbor, and one step up of 16cm to the seat in the scented garden. The orchard has views down the valley, and is on a gentle slope.
- For those guests with more mobility, we have a series if walks from the door, some of a short duration, on quiet lanes. (No hopping over stiles)!
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our gardens at all times.
- There are no steps to access the orchard and garden, although there is a slight slope from the car park to the garden.
- Garden furniture is available for guests to use in the warmer months.
- Smoking is not permitted in any indoor area, but guests may smoke outside and sand buckets are provided for the safe disposal of cigarette ends.
- We hold a current fire certificate, and have a comprehensive risk assessment in place. The fire alarm is audible, please inform us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- Emergency information can be communicated verbally on request.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in ground floor rooms.
- A designated guest fridge is available for medications, insulin, special foods, etc.
- People allergic to pet hair should be aware that although we do not normally accept pets in the guest accommodation, we do have family pets on the premises.
- All duvets and pillows are synthetic; feather pillows are available on request.
- Staffs are trained under the ‘Welcome Host’ scheme.
- Mobile phone coverage is adequate for most networks.
- We have free wireless broadband on site.
- Guests are asked to vacate their rooms by 11.30am on the morning of departure.
- Address: Dannah Farm Country House, Bowmans Lane, Shottle, Nr Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 2DR.
- Telephone: 01773 550273 or 01773 550630 Fax: 01773 550590
- Mobile Telephone: 07973 641607
- E-Mail: Please E-Mail via the contact us page of this website.
- Website: www.dannah.co.uk
- We are closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Those of you who come regularly will know that plans never stand still at Dannah! We are in a process of continual improvement, e.g., changing all TV’s for flat screen, but our next large project is to create another feature room with double spa bath, hopefully by the spring of 2009.
We have removed the old and unsafe Dutch Barn around the back of the farm, and intend to tidy up this area and plant an avenue of native broadleaved trees in the autumn of 2008.
We have applied for an advisory visit from Quality in Tourism, regarding the National Accessible Scheme.